Information For CE Providers
Note: There have been changes to the preapproval process. New and returning CE Providers need to review the requirements listed in Instructions for Preapproval Application and submit all requested material for preapproval consideration.
Information and forms for organizations seeking accreditation to provide CE training for Court Reporters:
- Instructions for Preapproval Application as a CE provider
- Requirements for Ethics Curriculums
- Continuing Education Manual for Georgia Certified Court Reporters - Providers should be very familiar with Part II.A.1 on p. 8 which deals with appropriate subjects for court reporter classes.
- CRTC-4 Request for Provider Preapproval Form
- Lesson Plan Template recommended for CE provider applicants
- CRTC-1 and CRTC-2 forms for distribution to participants
- Both the CRTC-1 and CRTC-2 forms are also provided in pdf format here for your convenience.
- Please also see the Resources page for supplementary material pertaining to the preapproval requirements.
- We require the adoption of the following cancellation policy:
1) When cancelling a pre-approved course, the CE provider must notify every registrant no later than 72 hours before the date/time of the scheduled course.
2) For Emergency Cancellations—those falling inside the 72 hour prior notice rule—the provider must notify every registrant within 72 hours after the cause of the emergency cancellation.
3) Upon notifying the registrants, the provider should explain the following:
a) the reason for the cancellation,
b) the alternate delivery option for rescheduling the course, and
c) the procedures to be followed by registrants to receive a refund of the
course fee before 60 days have elapsed from the date of cancellation,
or to participatein the rescheduled course.
- Please note that any approved course by ICJE can be subject to a recommendation of a course audit at any time by ICJE to the Court Reporting Training Council (CRTC). If you have any questions regarding to the course audit process please contact Christina Bazemore at ICJE.
ICJE contact for questions regarding approval as a CE provider: